Friday, April 27, 2012

Hello World...here's an update

I definitely have been so busy that I completely forgot that I actually had a blog. For those of you that follow it, or for anyone who cares, here is an update of what is happening in the world of The Mason Bunch:

1. Isaiah is 14months old now. He still isn't walking but he has at least taken several steps. I'm kind of discouraging it, though I haven't actually shoved him down. I know as soon as he figures it out, my world will change and I'm not ready yet. He is talking so much and I'm in awe of how many words he knows already, especially compared with Avery at this age. His 2 favorite words and signs are "more" and "milk". His favorite food is probably avocado. Favorite toy is his blanket, which he calls "bobby". His favorite thing to do is climb...he will try and climb anything and everything. Ugh.

2. Avery is really big into pretending to be a doctor right now. For awhile, she was using her tool set to fix us. After she tried shoving her screwdriver in Chris's butt, I figured it was time for an actual "medical" kit for her. I scored one at a garage sale yesterday and she hasn't put it down. Literally. She wanted to take it in the shower this morning but had to settle for them "watching" us from the bathroom counter. Her 3rd birthday is 2 weeks away and I can't believe it. Time has gone by way too fast. My plans for the 3's is to start phasing in some "school time". Every day I want to have school time, where we can learn letters, numbers, shapes, etc. I'm very excited for this, but I'm also terrified to actually attempt it. Her attention span isn't very long so we'll see how that goes. 

3. I feel like every one I know is pregnant right now. No, this isn't any form of me announcing something. But I do feel extreme pressure to be pregnant. I don't understand why that is...why do we let things like that affect us?! Maybe in the next year or two... for now, I'm stoked to actually be in great shape and have MY body all to ME. My goal is to set an example to myself, to make a regular effort of working out so that if I actually do get pregnant again, I will be able to stay in shape throughout pregnancy.

4. Speaking of garage sale and pregnancy, I think it would be SUPER awesome if we do have another kid, to try and buy only things from a garage sale for it. I feel like with your first kid, you don't know any better and you want everything to be new. Then the second one comes and you realize what an idiot you were for having previous philosophy. So you buy "gently used" stuff from second-hand stores. But now, I feel like even that is stupid. Garage sales are AWESOME. I spent $24.75 yesterday and got so much stuff. For Isaiah: 6 pairs of PJ's, 6 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of shorts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 t shirts, a pair of stride rite shoes, and 3 pairs of undies for Avery...plus the dr kit, new dishes for the kids, and some other toys. I need a job just so I can become an avid garage sale-er.

Alright, enough for now. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment